Monday, August 18, 2014

Where to begin?

Chapter one, page one-
In the beginning there was school.  Where they are supposed to tell you everything you need to know.  Kindergarten was useful and very informative, but not complete.  Elementary, Junior and then Senior High certainly gave pertinent information but there were holes where life lessons would have to suffice.  But who can wait to learn these things?

Things such as:
1. What happens if you don't file your taxes properly or at all...
2. When you don't take a friend to a public restroom with you...
3. Using the internet for good and not evil...
4. How you can love someone so much and still want to punch them in the mouth...
5. What really happens when you go to jail...
6. How to help your child through school situations you never experienced...
7. When a response is not necessary...
And many more.  Things your parents didn't know, or couldn't tell you even!

So this weekend while on a family camping trip, I remarked that someday I would write a book with all these things in it.  I then told my 15 year old daughter that she had better pay attention to my musings because I would probably die before finishing my handbook for a better society and she would need to complete my work. Ha!  This from the girl who says "Don't tell me your problems, I'm not a chiropractor".  It should be a good read if you can translate her way of thinking into proper English and complete and accurate thoughts.

So a blog is the better answer, simply because you won't have to wait for those little nuggets as you need them..  While my style of writing and thoughts on what is "helpful" may differ greatly from the rest of civilization, I know my friends will at least read my words and laugh a little.  Since this compilation doesn't have to stick to any guideline or theme, you will find all sorts of helpful advice.  And if you have an idea, question, or story to share-let me know.  When I hit a dry spell, I may need a guest blogger.

So, thanks for stopping by this handy little spot where you may learn something new. And don't judge.  I am not perfect, that's how I learned a lot of these things.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment